|German Editor and Translator (maternity cover)|
Bachtrack, one of the biggest events and reviews sites on the web, are looking for part-time maternity cover for the position of German Editor and Translator.
- Editing reviews and articles and preparing for publication
- Ensuring reviews are submitted on time
- Translating site content and properties from English into German
- Growing the German-speaking network of concert, opera and dance reviewers in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Supporting our Press Liaison in arranging press tickets for the German reviewer team
- Input of events mainly within Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Other tasks as required
Hours of work
- 20 hours per week, either 5 mornings (9 am - 1 pm) or 2 full days (9 - 5.30) plus editing as required to ensure reviews are published within 48 hours of the even
- Contract: approx. 6 months, beginning 15th April 2017, to be extended if required depending on return-to-work date of the present incumbent
- Native speaker of German with very good grammar and spelling
- Fluent in English
- Excellent knowledge of classical music, opera and/or dance
- Well organised, accurate and self-motivated
- Computer literate
- Experience translating from English to German
- Experience writing about classical music, opera or dance
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Musicology or Music
Bachtrack was founded in January 2008 and is the largest classical event finder online. We list over 12,000 upcoming events in classical concerts, opera and dance. We also publish around 200 reviews in four languages every month, written by our team of over 150 reviewers based all around the world.
Our listings database is uniquely well structured, allowing users to search for events by place, performer, composer or even work. We work with many of the world’s top classical venues and organisations to maintain this service and to make sure we’re as comprehensive as we can be.