Arts and Media Jobs: A free website listing UK jobs for arts and media professionals.
|Latest Jobs | Join Mailing List||Post a Job|
This internship lies within the curatorial team of the Paintings section of the Royal Collection, one of the five departments of the Royal Household. The Royal Collection manages the public opening of the official residences of The Queen and the official London residence of The Prince of Wales. It has curatorial responsibility for the Royal Collection, one of the world's great art collections, and runs a programme of exhibitions at The Queen's Galleries in London and Edinburgh.
The role of the curatorial intern is to assist with the curatorial work of the Royal Collection in all its aspects whilst gaining knowledge of the Collection.
The main opportunities for the Intern are:
* To gain first hand exposure to an unparalleled collection of paintings and to gain from the multi-disciplined curatorial expertise within the Royal Collection;
* To gain an understanding of the curatorial management systems;
* To gain experience of working with a small, multi-site curatorial team and a strong foundation in a wide range of the tasks and activities required of a Curator; and
* To develop greater insight into a specific area of curatorial responsibility through individual project work.
You will have:
* Effective verbal and written communication skills;
* A proven ability to work independently without supervision;
* A proven ability to work effectively within a team environment;
* The ability to use initiative and take responsibility;
* An interest in the historical and contemporary context of the Royal Collection; and
* Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
8 Jul 2012